Garrett Calcaterra is an author of dark speculative fiction. His horror novel, Umbral Visions , is available from Gypsy Shadow Publishing as a trade paperback and e-book. The Roads to Baldairn Motte , a historic fantasy novel he co-wrote with Craig Comer and Ahimsa Kerp, is available from L&L Dreamspell.
Horror publications and awards:
- Umbral Visions . Featuring "The Key Ring" and "The Shadow." Gypsy Shadow Publishing, 2010. Top Ten Finisher in 2010 Preditors & Editors Readers Poll for Best Horror Novel.
- “The Key Ring.” Arkham Tales. Issue #2 , February 2009. Winner of 2009 Best Horror Short Story, Preditors & Editors Readers Poll.
- "Sway of the Dead." Erotic Dreamspell . L&L Dreamspell Press.
- "Robbie." The New Flesh. August 2010. http://newfleshmagazine.blogspot.com/2010/08/youre-delusional-mother.html
- “Night of the Bear.” Sex & Seduction. Ed. Cathryn Cooper. Xcite Books (Accent Press), 2007. http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Seduction-Xcite-Selections-S/dp/1905170785/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284668575&sr=1-3 WARNING! This story contains graphic sex and violence.
- “Foreclosure.” Toe Tags II: Blood and Bizarro .
- The Cannibal (co-written with Ahimsa Kerp ). Finalist in the 2007 Slamdance Horror Screenwriting Contest. Semi-finalist in the 2007 Screenplay Festival.
- Hammer of the Gods. Quarter-Finalist in the 2008 Big Bear Lake International Film Festival Screenwriting Contest.